ParentMail & ParentPay
At Powells we use two systems to assist the school office in sending out communications and manage lunch bookings and school trips.
ParentMail - Email, Text & Forms
Improving School Communications with ParentMail
Communicating with parents is an important part of what we do, making sure you get the correct information about school news, activities and things that really matter is something we care about.
We use ParentMail, a service used by over 6,000 schools, nurseries and children’s clubs to communicate to parents. ParentMail will be beneficial to you because you can:
Use a free mobile app on Android and iOS to pick up school messages instantly.
Have an account simply for school messages (away from your busy email inbox!)
Connect to other schools, nurseries or clubs that use ParentMail.
Highlight important messages or archive old messages to make life easier.
Messages can be sent directly to mums, dads and carers – even grandparents!
Registering with ParentMail is very easy! You will have been sent either an email and/or text message from ParentMail, when you receive this please just follow the instructions in the message.
Please be assured that ParentMail is registered with the Information Commissioner and guarantees that all information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation.
Once registered, if you have an Android or Apple smartphone, we would highly recommend you download the ParentMail App for the best user experience. To do this, simply search for “ParentMail” in your App store.
If you need any additional information or assistance, please visit the help site or contact in the school office.
ParentPay - Lunch bookings & payments
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for lunches and school trips
- offers a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows you to create a single account login across all your children that attend a ParentPay school
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
- offers you the ability to set automated email/SMS payment reminders.
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- you will never need miss a payment, or have insufficient credit, with automated email/SMS alerts
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use.
How does ParentPay help your school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the Parent Account
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
- helps us improve school-home communication with its integrated email/SMS messaging centre.
How do you get started?
We will send you an activation letter containing your activation details to enable you to set up your ParentPay account.
If you have more than one child at a ParentPay school/s you can add them to a single account, providing one login for all children at ParentPay schools.