Family Support in School
My name is Emily Allan and I have worked at Powell’s School since 2017 in different positions including teaching assistant in Year 3, small group teacher in Year 6 and PPA teacher across Year 5 and 6. Prior to Powell’s, I worked in various schools, including special schools working with children with Emotional, Behavioural and Social Difficulties and those excluded from mainstream school.
I have always fully believed that successful schools are built through strong and positive relationships with parents and carers. I want to develop this further at Powell’s, especially to encourage positive attitudes to learning, which very often lead to better levels of attainment for pupils.
Essentially, I will be:
- Establishing positive relationships with you and your children
- Making it easier for you to work closely with the school and other agencies for the benefit of your child
- Listening to and supporting you with any concerns you might have regarding your child
- Supporting positive relationships between you and school staff where necessary
- Recommending support from other services if necessary
- Promoting your child’s wellbeing and mental health
- Making myself available for informal chats on the playground, appointments, and if needed home visits
- Working alongside teachers to ensure lines of communication with you are open and effective for all
- Providing an impartial and confidential ear should you just need a chat
My email is:
Or you can send a text or WhatsApp to: 07554309761